Being a technocrat, it was not surprising that Rajeev Chandrasekhar, a member of Rajya Sabha, decided to put a series of questions to the government on the ever-expanding use of the 12-digit unique identification number or Aadhaar.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN for Income Tax E-filing:
Individuals struggling to link their Permanent Account Number with Aadhaar because of differently-spelt names can now simply upload a scanned copy of PAN to get the work done. Besides, the tax department is planning to introduce an option on the e-filing portal through which taxpayers can choose to link the Aadhaar without changing the name by opting for a One-Time Password (OTP), provided that the year of birth of the person matches in both documents.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN for Income Tax E-filing?
The step by step process for linking Aaadhar with PAN card on e-filing portal is given below. When linking your PAN with your Aadhaar card, make sure that name, date of birth and gender displayed on the income tax website matches with the detail on your Aadhaar Card.
- Aadhaar Detail matches with PAN card detail.
- The first step towards linking Aadhaar with PAN is to register on Income tax e-filing portal.
- If you are already registered user on e-filing portal, Login to e-filing portal of Income tax department by entering your PAN as User Id, date of birth and password.
- On logging in to site, a pop up window will appear prompting you to link your PAN Card with Aadhaar card.
- You can input your Aadhaar number enter captcha code and click on LINK NOW.
- In case you have decided to link Aadhaar with PAN later click on LATER button.
- On logging if no pop up window appear Go to Profile Setting and click on Link Aadhaar
- Enter your Aadhaar number enter captcha code and click on Link Aadhaar.
- The system will match your name, date of birth and gender with PAN card and Aadhaar database, if detail matches you will get the message “Aadhaar – PAN linking is completed successfully.”
- Link PAN and Aadhaar Using OTP or ScannedID Proof (In case of PAN card Data do not mach with Aadhar Card) Having problem linking your PAN and Aadhaar because of errors in name? Don’t worry! There is a way out. All that you will need now is your PAN card’s scanned copy. Just upload it and voila!
Aadhaar Detail does not match with PAN card database.
- In case your Aadhaar detail Name, Date of Birth or Gender does not match with PAN card database system will display message “Authentication Failed”.
- Via uploading PAN’s scanned copy on Aadhaar website
- The new systems introduced will help these people People who have short names (initials on Aadhaar).
- People who have spelling errors in their names on their Aadhaar.
- People who got married and updated their new names on Aadhaar but not on PAN.
Benefits of Aadhar Linking With PAN Card
By seeding the all of your necessary documents will be helpful to the individual person along with to our Government in same way. We have provided here some advantages of linking with these documents:
- It helpful in stopping the people who do not pay tax and tax evasion too. All the transactions which came under tax radius are check with this utility.
- The linking process also plays a vital against those who have multiple PAN cards acquired.
- The Government will going to seed the identity of any firm or person via mean of Aadhaar card.
- It also helps you to quickly and easily file your e-returns.
- If your Aadhar card is linked to your PAN card, then you are required to submit separate Income tax acknowledgment to IT, Bangalore.
Soon, the Government is also going to link Aadhar card to passport also. The whole process is also successfully tested at various passport Kendras.
Link Aadhar With Pan Card : Click Here